Health insurance can be complex. But it’s important to learn about the options available so that you can make a decision that’s right for you and your family.
An Everyday CF resource: Insurance 101
Whether you’re switching your plan, or you’re interested in learning more about insurance in general, check out Insurance 101. It includes information on:
- The two categories of health insurance, commercial (group plans and individual plans) and government-funded (Medicare and Medicaid)
- An evaluation worksheet to compare health plans by benefits and costs
- A glossary of insurance terms that you may have seen during your own research into healthcare coverage
Choosing a new insurance plan? Here’s what you need to consider.
- Does the plan cover your child’s preferred doctors, specialists, and emergency care and hospital admissions?
- Are your child’s prescriptions covered by the plan (eg, are they on formulary, do they require co-payment, do fees apply toward the deductible)?
- Will coverage changes affect your ability to use your child’s current doctors or pharmacies?
- Are any prior authorizations required?