AN UP-TO-DATE RESOURCE FOR LIFESTYLE TIPS, FEATURED CONTENT, AND MORE
Fall is about more than watching the leaves change and pulling your sweaters out of storage. It’s also a great opportunity to set some intentions for the rest of the year. Why not start by thinking about open enrollment for insurance and maintaining a healthy mindset?
It's time to check in on your insurance coverage
In the fall, there are many opportunities to take another look at your insurance coverage. That way, you can make sure your plan still works for you.
- Brush up on basics: Health insurance can be tricky. Check out the Insurance 101 resource to understand the options available to you
- Set a reminder for open enrollment: Fall is the usual open enrollment period for many plans. During this time, you can pick insurance coverage for the following year or make changes to your plan
- Explore other ways to get coverage: If you don’t have health insurance through your job, you still have some options:
- If you are under 26 and your parents have health insurance, it may be possible for you to be included on their plan
- If you are older than 26, check out the Healthcare Marketplace or the health insurance program run by your state. If you have limited resources, you may be eligible for Medicaid. Also, because of your condition, you may also be eligible for Medicare
Now’s a great time to maintain a healthy mindset
Is your schedule slowly filling up? Are your kids back to school? No matter what this season looks like, it’s a good idea to set aside time for reducing stress and staying positive.
IF YOU ONLY HAVE A MINUTE,
try belly breathing:
- Sit or lie flat in a comfortable position as you place 1 hand on your belly and the other hand on your chest
- Breathe in deeply through your nose and let your belly expand without moving your chest
- Exhale through your lips (imagine whistling). Use the hand on your belly to gently push the air out
- Repeat 3 to 10 times
IF YOU ONLY HAVE FIVE MINUTES,
shut out the noise:
- For 5 minutes, put away your phone, turn off the TV, and try to enjoy the silence. The world is a loud place and sometimes our minds just need a moment of quiet