AN UP-TO-DATE RESOURCE FOR LIFESTYLE TIPS, FEATURED CONTENT, AND MORE
Spring is all about enjoying warmer days and planning as much as you can for the months ahead. Kick off the season with Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Month. Look below for a few tips on how to get involved. Plus, 3 ways every teen and young adult can revitalize their routine.
May is CF Awareness Month
CF Awareness Month is your opportunity to educate others about CF: friends, coworkers, and family members. Talking about CF with those close to you can build up your support system and strengthen existing relationships.
Follow these steps to get started:
- Consider getting the word out by changing your cover photo on Facebook to one of those provided by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF)
- Share a personal story about your life with CF and don’t forget to include the hashtag #CFawareness
- Talk to people you know about ways to get involved in the community, during CF Awareness Month and every month. Look here for upcoming events
- Participate in CF walks. Whether virtually or in person, there are plenty of ways to get involved.
Creating a better spring routine
You may have created a few changes to your routine with your New Year's resolutions or the start of a new semester. Even so, this time of the year is a great chance to take stock and reassess. Here are some quick ways you can refresh your routine.
- A change you can taste: What you put in your body can make a difference in how you feel. So, consider spicing up your mealtime routine. Not sure where to start? Try the filters in CF Kitchen
- A change you can see: No matter how simple or complicated your skincare routine may be, putting on sunscreen is one of the best things you can do for your skin. Consider applying some before heading out
- A change you can feel: After a stressful day, we all want to relax and look at our phones, but adding a bit of physical fitness into your routine can have many benefits—such as improved sleep. Get started with these exercises you can do right from your living room
Hit the trail with some trail mix
You don’t need to be a mountaineer to pack a tasty bag of trail mix. You just need to take a look at Cooking with Kids: Simple recipes for young chefs. Inside, you’ll find a super-easy recipe for trail mix, plus 11 other recipes that are designed for kids, but just as delicious for everyone else.