AN UP-TO-DATE RESOURCE FOR LIFESTYLE TIPS, FEATURED CONTENT, AND MORE
Spring is in bloom, and with it comes certain challenges for people living with cystic fibrosis (CF).
Follow these tips for managing allergies and germs so you can enjoy the warmer weather!
Spring cleaning checklist
Spring cleaning is extra important for people with CF. Along with germs, allergens like pet dander and pollen can build up in your home. Follow this checklist to get ready for the warmer days ahead!
- Vacuum and mop your floors
- Don’t forget those hard-to-reach corners! You may need to rearrange some furniture to sweep around tables and chairs
- Deep clean your bedding—pillows too. Wash in hot water (at least 130°F) to kill dust mites and remove allergens
- Clean up toys in hot water. Stuffed animals should take a bath in the washing machine
- Wipe down ceiling fan blades, blinds, and cabinet tops to remove dust
- Tip: Wear a mask when dusting, and use a damp rag or mop to prevent dust from escaping into the air
Did you know?
Along with flowers in bloom, spring showers can bring extra allergies. Allergens like pollen, grass, and mold spores are all released into the air after a rainstorm.
You may want to check the pollen count before going outside. If you have one, try asking your smart speaker. Or, visit the National Allergy Bureau.
Talk with your care team for more information about medications which can help alleviate symptoms.
Mix up this recipe in the evening, stash in the fridge overnight, and enjoy a grab-and-go breakfast packed with healthy fat and fiber. It’s even more delicious topped with your favorite fresh fruit.