Sun and fun on your terms
FOMO, or “fear of missing out,” is real. You start seeing your social media feed fill up with people out and about, and it makes you feel ready to join them.
Here a few things to consider before you head out.
- Prioritize your needs. Even though we’re all looking forward to our own version of “normal” to return, your health comes first. So, ask yourself this simple question before agreeing to any plans: “Will I feel safe?”
- Cover up when necessary. Even though regulations can change quickly, masks may be part of our lives for a bit longer. So it’s a good idea to, make sure you always have one handy. It’s a good idea to wash your hands frequently and use hand sanitizer, too
- Keep distancing in mind. Staying socially distant is still important, especially for people with CF. Read what this CF’er has to say about it
- Consider choosing the outdoors when you can. Socializing outdoors is generally considered safer than indoors. Plus, who wouldn’t want to enjoy a warm summer afternoon outside?
- If you feel sick, stay home. When you’re feeling under the weather, it’s best to stay home and focus on your health
3 ways to keep your routine in check
Chances are you've created a care routine that's a bit more tailored to life indoors. Now that you may be getting out more, it’s important to make sure you stay on track.
Here are 3 tips for sticking to your routine:
- When heading out for the day, remember to pack some snacks. Pressed for time? Take a look at these recipes that are made for when you’re on the go
- If your plans take you away from home, update your medication deliveries or make sure someone can sign for them. That way, you won't miss a beat in your treatment routine
- If 2020 taught us anything, it’s that plans can change at a moment’s notice. Try to build some unstructured time into each day so you have flexibility and plenty of time for yourself