Calories Per Serving
Fat Per Serving
6 ounces ground beef
4 ounces sweet Italian sausage (if in links, removing casing)
2 tablespoons onion, chopped
½ teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
4 slices whole-milk mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 hamburger buns
¼ cup warm pizza or pasta sauce
- Prepare barbecue grill.
- Combine beef, sausage, onion, and seasoning in a bowl. Form into 4 patties about 1-inch thick.
- Grill patties about 6 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Top each patty with 1 slice of mozzarella shortly before removing it from the grill.
- Brush olive oil on the inside of each hamburger bun and lightly toast on grill until golden.
- Spread some of the warm sauce on each hamburger bun, then place a burger on the bun.
Too messy to pick up? Don’t worry, this is a burger you can eat with a knife and fork.