CF Health Resources
Take a Deep Breath
TRY THESE BREATHING EXERCISES THAT MAY HELP REDUCE STRESS
You never know when a stressful moment might come along. But if you have ways to help manage it, like with the breathing exercises below, you can find moments of peace and relaxation. Before starting any physical activity or exercise, talk to your doctor to see what might be right for you.
1. Sit or lie flat in a comfortable position as you place 1 hand on your belly and the other hand on your chest.
2. Breathe in deeply through your nose and let your belly expand without moving your chest.
1. Bend forward from a standing position and let your arms dangle.
2. Breathe in as you slowly lift and roll your body up to a standing position, ending with your head.
3. Hold your breath for a moment or two, then slowly exhale and bend back down.
Try doing this exercise each morning before you start your daily routine.