AN UP-TO-DATE RESOURCE FOR LIFESTYLE TIPS, FEATURED CONTENT, AND MORE
The winter months are the perfect time to take things a bit easier and start thinking about the new year ahead. Whether you have a goal in mind for 2022 or are looking for new ways to prioritize your overall well-being, we’ve got you covered.
Grab a warm drink, get cozy, and check out the quick tips below.
Planning for what's ahead
No matter the size of your goals, putting a clear plan in place will make it that much easier to accomplish them. Here are a few ways to get started:
- Be specific with what you want to accomplish. For example, rather than making your goal “eat healthier,” something more specific might be “eat more vegetables with each meal.”
- Create a plan for how you will keep track of your progress. You could try tracking the amount of vegetables you’re eating each day.
- Stay realistic with your goal. You may indulge a bit more during the holidays and that’s OK!
- Match this specific goal to your larger goals. For example, eating more vegetables is one part of eating healthier.
- Set deadlines for when you want to accomplish your goal. Do you want to eat more vegetables by spring?
Focusing on your mind and body
There are many aspects to feeling good. We can eat nutritious foods, get enough exercise, and listen to our cystic fibrosis (CF) care team. Not sure where to start? Try a few of these tips:
Make exercise more convenient
You don’t need to hit the gym or sign into a spin class to get your body moving. There’s a lot you can do right from your living room to focus on posture, core strength, building muscle, and cardio. Take a look.
Take stress one step at a time
Stressful situations come and go, but over time they can take a toll. You can help manage stress by practicing gratitude. Try to focus on the good, positive things in your life and write them down each day. Get more ideas for managing stress right here.
Keep your nutrition top of mind
What we eat can affect how we feel. Try adding some antioxidant-rich foods like broccoli, oranges, and avocados to your next meal. Get started with these rainbow veggie wraps.
Delicious ingredient swaps
With the holiday season right around the corner, there’s probably a big part of you that’s looking forward to your favorite seasonal treats. It’s all about balance. Consider trying out a few of these ingredient swaps to make your other meals a bit healthier.
Mayonnaise Greek yogurt
Bacon Turkey bacon
Heavy cream Whole milk
Syrup Fresh fruit
White bread Whole grain bread
Keep in mind that any time you change recipe ingredients, it may change the nutritional content.