What to Know About
When the time comes to change your plan, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Do your homework. Understand the details of the new plan before you enroll.
- Remember that every plan is different. Just because your old plan covered certain prescriptions and visits, that doesn’t mean that your new one will do the same.
- Ask questions. The only way to find out the answers you need is to ask. Some questions to get you started include:
- When does coverage begin and end?
- Are my current/preferred doctors, specialists, cystic fibrosis (CF) Center, emergency care, and hospitals covered or considered in-network?
- Are my prescriptions covered?
- Does the plan cover generic and brand-name prescriptions?
- Are any prior authorizations needed? What are the requirements?
Need more help choosing the right plan? Use the worksheet on page 7 of the Insurance 101 downloadable resource to compare insurance options.