Calories Per Serving
Fat Per Serving
3⅓ pounds beef brisket
3 garlic cloves
1 celery stalk
3½ ounces olives
4 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
3½ ounces bacon
1 bay leaf
1 can tomato paste (about 6 tablespoons)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 can peeled tomatoes
- Cut beef into medium-sized cubes.
- Peel and thinly chop the onion and garlic cloves. Cut the carrot and celery into cubes. Cut the olives into quarters and put aside.
- Add prepared vegetables with one teaspoon olive oil to large stockpot over medium heat. Add the meat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When meat is browned, remove from the pot and set aside.
- After browning the meat, keep the pot on medium heat and add the bacon. Mix until starting to turn brown.
- Add the bay leaf. Sauté, mixing from time to time until the vegetables are soft. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the tomato paste and oregano. Add the peeled tomatoes and mix well. Add the water, stir, and increase the heat.
- Once boiling, add the browned meat cubes to a pressure cooker, put the lid on, and cook on medium heat. When it begins to whistle, reduce the heat and cook for another 40 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and wait until the pressure is released before opening the pressure cooker. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
This practical recipe can be served on its own or with side dishes like rice or potatoes. Try the leftovers as the filling of a delicious sandwich.