Stir-Fried Chicken, Eggs, and Wild Rice
Calories Per Serving
Fat Per Serving
- Boil the rice in water according to directions on the package.
- Wash the chicken breasts, then dry them with paper towel and cut diagonally into thin strips. Arrange side by side on a plate.
- Spread the chopped onion and grated ginger over the chicken. Add soy sauce and sherry to chicken and set aside, covered, to marinate.
- Cut the peppers in two, remove the seeds, the stalk, and white parts and wash them under running water. Dice to the size of a small pea.
- Break the eggs into a bowl.
- Heat oil in wok or in a cast-iron skillet until hot. Remove the chicken strips from the marinade and save the juice. Separate the onion and ginger from the meat as much as you can and set aside. Then fry for 30 seconds, stirring continuously.
- Add the diced peppers and frozen peas and cook for another 2 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove the meat and vegetables from the wok and turn the heat down.
- Pour the eggs into the wok and let them set while stirring.
- Drain rice after cooking and set aside.
- Return the vegetables, meat, rice, juice with onion, and ginger to the skillet with the eggs. Incorporate everything carefully with the spatula. Cover with a lid and let it rest for 3 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.