Sweet Potato Fries
1¾ pounds sweet potatoes (about 4 large or 5 medium potatoes)
4 teaspoons canola oil
1 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoons paprika
- Peel the sweet potatoes. Cut each potato lengthwise into slices ½-inch thick, then cut each slice into strips until you have french fry shapes.
- Combine the oil, salt, and paprika in a bowl with the sweet potato fries.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Place the sweet potatoes on the tray in a single layer.
- Bake at 425°F for 20 to 25 minutes, turning once after 10 minutes.
- Season the fries with salt again if needed, and enjoy them with the dip (below).
Sour Cream Dip Ingredients
8 ounces (1 cup) full-fat yogurt
8 ounces (1 cup) sour cream or crème fraîche
2 tablespoons mixed herbs
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 teaspoons sugar
1 garlic clove
Salt and pepper, to taste
Sour Cream Dip Directions
- Mix the yogurt, sour cream or crème fraîche, herbs, vinegar, sugar, and salt.
- Peel and mince the garlic. Add to the dip.
- Finish by seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
Good to know: If you like a spicier dressing, add 1 teaspoon of grated horseradish from a jar. Instead of or along with the sweet potatoes, you can also use potatoes, carrots, parsnips, or red beetroot. All of these vegetables have the same density and therefore the same cooking time.