Chocolate Energy Balls
Calories Per Serving
Fat Per Serving
1 cup raw almonds or walnuts (or a mix)
1½ cups pitted Medjool dates
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
⅓ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Additional cocoa powder, chopped nuts, or shredded coconut (optional)
- Place almonds in a food processor or high-speed blender and process on high until you’ve created almond meal. Be careful not to overmix—it will turn into almond butter.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process on high until combined. You may need to add a few teaspoons of water or milk if the mixture is too thick.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of dough into your hands and roll into 18 balls.
- Roll each ball in shredded coconut, cocoa powder, or chopped nuts (if using).
- Place balls on a plate in the fridge or freezer until firm, then transfer to a freezer-safe container for storage.
*When made with almonds and without toppings.