1 pound ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced (or ¼ teaspoon garlic powder)
2 cups red pasta sauce
4 tablespoons fresh parsley (or 4 teaspoons dried)
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
2 cups ricotta cheese
⅔ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
6 uncooked lasagna noodles
⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a 10-inch skillet or large saucepan (with cover), cook ground beef over medium-high heat until it is no longer pink.
- Drain the fat. Add the chopped onion and cook until soft.
- Add garlic, 1 cup of the pasta sauce, and herbs. Stir. Spread evenly in the skillet.
- Reduce heat to low, spread ricotta cheese over mixture, and sprinkle with half of the mozzarella. Top with 4 noodles, breaking remaining 2 to fill in open spaces.
- Pour remaining pasta sauce evenly over the top of noodles. Press noodles down to moisten.
- Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes until noodles are tender. Top with remaining cheeses, cover, and simmer 2 more minutes or until cheeses are melted.
- Let stand, covered, 5-10 minutes before serving.
Don’t pour excess fat down your drain. This can cause clogs. Pour the excess liquid into a metal can and dispose of it in the garbage.