½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cans (16.3 ounces each) buttermilk biscuits
½ cup chopped walnuts (if desired)
½ cup raisins (if desired)
1 cup packed brown sugar
¾ cup butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a 12-cup fluted pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- In a large food-storage plastic bag, mix sugar and cinnamon.
- Separate dough into 16 biscuits; cut each into quarters. Shake in bag to coat.
- Arrange in pan, adding walnuts and raisins among the biscuit pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and butter and pour over biscuit pieces.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in the center.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Turn upside down onto serving plate; pull apart to serve. Serve warm.
Make it more than one way. Dried cherries and almonds work instead of raisins and walnuts if you’d like.