Apple Pie Bites
1 Granny Smith apple
1 teaspoon of allspice
¼ cup brown sugar
⅓ cup crushed pecans or walnuts
8-ounce can crescent dough
3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Use a nonstick baking sheet or grease with butter or line with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine allspice and brown sugar.
- Melt butter in microwave-safe bowl in 10-second increments.
- Thinly slice the apple and toss in melted butter. (Save some of your melted butter for later.)
- Separate crescent rolls into triangles and place on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle allspice, brown sugar, and crushed pecans on the crescent rolls.
- Next, place a slice of apple on the wide side of each piece of dough.
- Roll each piece of dough and make sure the apple is completely covered.
- Brush remaining butter on top of each roll.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!
For a bigger batch of this recipe, try using a bunch of different kinds of baking apples along with Granny Smith, like Braeburn, Honeycrisp, Jonagold, Crispin, or Winesap for an extra burst of flavor.