8 ounces cheddar, finely grated
1 cup all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons (½ stick) butter, cut into pieces
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon seasoned salt
Pinch of cayenne
3 tablespoons ice water
- Put the cheddar, flour, butter, salt, seasoned salt, and cayenne in a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles sand.
- Add the ice water and pulse until the dough comes together.
- Form the dough into a ball, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- Roll out the dough to ¼-inch thickness and cut into squares with a pizza cutter.
- Use a wooden skewer to poke a small hole in the center of each square.
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and bake until golden brown, 15 to 17 minutes.
- Allow crackers to cool before packing up.
You can put these crackers in baggies or mason jars so you can munch on them throughout the day.