Cheesy Broccoli Soup
1 tablespoon butter
1 small diced onion
1 cup diced carrots
3 cups broccoli
2 cups vegetable stock
½ teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons flour
1½ cups cream
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup Parmesan cheese
Pinch of salt and pepper
- Place your diced vegetables in a large pot.
- Pour in vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until vegetables are tender (approx. 20 minutes).
- Melt butter in a saucepan and stir in flour until smooth and color gets lighter.
- Whisk cream into saucepan and simmer until it becomes thick (approx. 10 minutes).
- Stir cheese into the saucepan until melted.
- Take cheese mixture and stir into large pot with vegetables and stock.
- Cook and stir for another 5 minutes and enjoy!
Put your own spin on this recipe by trying a blend of your favorite cheeses!