Chicken Jar Salad
¼ cup colorful quinoa
1 cooked chicken breast
1 cup lettuce of your choice
4 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- Grate the carrot. Dice the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces. Peel and slice the avocado.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the avocado slices.
- Layer cooked quinoa, carrot, avocado, chicken, lettuce, and pomegranate seeds together in a glass jar. Top with dressing (recipe follows) when ready to serve and shake gently.
1 tablespoon tahini
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons full-fat yogurt
- In a separate jar, mix together all ingredients. Close well and shake to mix.
ON THE GO? Jar salads are an ideal travel companion. Pack the dressing separately and add just before serving for the best flavor.