Calories Per Serving
Fat Per Serving
1 pound precooked chicken
1 chopped white onion
1 chopped green bell pepper
1 tablespoon room temperature butter
¼ cup shredded Mexican cheese
Spoonful salsa (optional)
- Heat a skillet on medium heat.
- Spread butter on 1 side of tortilla.
- Place the tortilla face down in the skillet.
- Evenly spread the shredded cheese on one side of the tortilla in the pan.
- Add some of the chicken, onion, and green bell pepper to the tortilla on top of the cheese.
- Once the bottom of the tortilla is golden brown and the cheese is melted, fold it in half.
- Slide the quesadilla onto a plate and cut into sections.
- Enjoy with salsa or some of your other favorite toppings.
1. Vegetarian shout-out—sub in black beans for chicken for a meatless version of these cheesy quesadillas.
2. Want to beef these quesadillas up? Try using cooked steak instead of chicken. Beef generally contains more calories and fat.