Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 cup quick rolled oats
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¾ cup brown sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
¾ cup applesauce
½ cup butter at room temperature
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease a muffin tin or line a muffin tin with baking cups.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients and mix well (flour, baking powder, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, oats, salt, chocolate chips).
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine all of the wet ingredients and mix well (butter, egg, applesauce, vanilla).
- Pour dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until lumpy (you want lumps!).
- Using a spoon or an ice cream scoop, put the batter into the greased/lined muffin tin.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
Try spicing these muffins up with some nutmeg, ginger, and cloves for a holiday upgrade!