Lemon Chicken with Potatoes & Kale
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground pepper
1 pound baby potatoes, halved lengthwise
½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 large lemon, sliced and seeds removed
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
6 cups baby kale
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, and then add to skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes (until browned on both sides). Remove from skillet and rest on a plate.
- Add potatoes and the remaining oil to the pan, and season with salt and pepper. Cook cut-side down for about 3 minutes (until browned).
- Stir in broth, lemon, garlic, and tarragon, and then return the chicken to the pan.
- Place the pan in the oven and roast for about 15 minutes (until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender).
- Stir kale into the mixture and roast for another 3 to 4 minutes (until it wilts).
Don't worry if you can't find all the ingredients! Collard greens or spinach work just as well as kale, and basil is a great alternative to tarragon.