Oatmeal Waffles With Cottage Cheese
4 large eggs
2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
¼ cup water
2 cups rolled oats
½ teaspoon vanilla or almond
- Using a blender, mix all the ingredients until they are smooth.
- Heat a waffle iron and lightly coat with oil or nonstick spray.
- Add a generous ½ cup of the batter mixture to the waffle iron.
- Cook until golden brown and crisp (around 4–5 minutes).
- Repeat these steps with the rest of the batter (there should be enough for 4 waffles).
These waffles taste great on their own, but they’re even better with some mix-ins. Try stirring a cup of blueberries into the waffle batter for a juicy antioxidant and fiber boost, or make it extra creamy and potassium-rich by adding sliced banana.