Peanut Butter Blondies
5 tablespoons butter
1 cup brown sugar
¾ cup creamy peanut butter (plus extra for icing, optional)
2 teaspoons vanilla
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup oat bran (find it in the oatmeal aisle)
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup peanut butter chips (optional)
Powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Grease the bottom—not the sides—of a 9x13 pan.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter and brown sugar. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool a bit.
- Whisk in the peanut butter, vanilla, eggs, and salt.
- Add the oat bran and flour and mix until combined.
- Mix in the peanut butter chips, if using, then pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Check if it's ready by inserting a toothpick, until it comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan.
- Frost with peanut butter or dust with powdered sugar.
Wrap a blondie in aluminum foil or a baggie to have a snack when you need it.