Sweet and Sour Chicken
2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
1 cup corn starch
¼ cup vegetable oil
½ cup sugar
4 tablespoons ketchup
½ cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic salt
Pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cut boneless chicken breast into bite-sized pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Evenly coat chicken in cornstarch and then dip into a bowl of whisked eggs.
- In a frying pan, heat vegetable oil on medium to high heat.
- Fry the chicken until lightly browned on each side but not cooked through.
- Place chicken in a baking dish and cook for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- For the sauce, mix together sugar, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, and garlic salt.
- Pour sauce over chicken and toss lightly to coat evenly.
- Enjoy over rice, stir-fry, or on its own!
Try cooking the chicken in a cast-iron pan instead of using a nonstick frying pan and a baking dish. Cast iron works just as well on the stove top as it does in the oven! The bonus? Fewer dishes to clean up.